Tuesday, May 22, 2012




Chunky Elegance

Just like adults, kids love to look at pictures especially of themselves.  I created this chunky book for my niece to play with, look at, and show her friends.  It will give her many hours of entertainment.  It is really easy to make, just cut chip board to the desired size, in my case I made the book 4x4 inches.  I cut 12 pieces of the Basic Grey “plumeria” papers 5x5 inches.  Center the chip board over the 5x5 inch piece of paper and adhered.  Sand the edges of the chip board with my favorite sander (Tim Holtz).  I added pictures and layers of paper along with embellishments from the “plumeria” paper line.  Added a few ribbons, coordinating brads, and chipboard along with a little bling sparkle.    I placed one of the layered stickers on a picture on the right page layout.  Finally, I punched holes on the left side of each page and threaded a coil through, cut and crimped the ends.  I added lots of ribbons on the spine along with some Tulle to complete my chunky book.  I got the Tulle ideal from Erica, her books and pages look fabulous with it so I thought I would give it try myself and love it!  Thanks for the ideal Erica!



1 comment:

Erica said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Beth!! :)