Thursday, March 22, 2012


Tea Party
I cut the words “Tea Party” out with my cricut using the Storybook Cartridge; I used light aqua cardstock for the top letters and dark aqua cardstock for the shadow letters. I didn’t mat my pictures since they looked so nice on the paper without a mat; simple, yet elegant. I made a line of square knots, remember that macramé you did back in the 70’s; bet you never thought you would use that again. Anyway, I thought it looked great as a little clothesline of sorts; I then stitched the chipboard flags from the Follow Your Heart “32” be amazing chipboard elements under the macramé. For the opposing page, I journal on the computer (tested out on computer paper) and printed it out on the “Kraft Unique” paper. I matted this on “Be Adored” paper yellow side and then on the blue side of the “Be Adore” paper. I cut out the sandwich and dessert pictures I took and added them to the journal page; of course this didn’t happen by accident. I tested the words out, printed out and moved them around till I got the right position for the pictures. Once I did, I printed the final copy of the journaling out and adhered the pictures in the appropriate place. I cut out the boxes from the “Societe’” paper and then directed to paper with and ink pad. I then adhered them to the middle right side of my page. I then matted the picture of my niece and I on several of the “Be Amazing” papers and then on the page. I added the “how Sweet it is to be LOVED by you” towards the bottom of the page. I did another little string of macramé this time using the yellow, aqua, and jute twine. I made this much smaller than the one on the opposing page and I attached this one to the page with a brad. Finally, I added five buttons from the buttons accessories to the bottom left of the matted journal block.

No comments: