Friday, March 30, 2012

Buttons, Brads & Rhinestones Make a Great Page

As a scrapper who loves buttons and brads, the Follow Your Heart line is absolutely amazing.  The button and brad sets have a wide variety and they are so fun to use to make your page interesting.  You might think I got a little carried away as I used 11 buttons, 2 rhinestones and a brad and yet I don’t think they look overdone.     To round out the page I used some of the chipboard shapes – a hexagon strip and kites.

I started with backgrounds that had Wander on top and Be Adored on bottom.  (I cut these carefully so the designs were where I wanted them.)

A piece of the Unique paper forms a photo mat.  This allowed me to write headings to go with some pictures directly on the paper. 

In the upper corner of the left background, I copied the design on the paper.  After applying little strips of a variety of the paper, I made a chain of buttons, rhinestones and a brad.  I tied a knot of twine from the Follow Your Heart Line in the buttons.  I tore the saying about “wandering” from another piece of Wander paper and affixed it with pop dots to make the saying more prominent.  I added some buttons in other locations – I even bought an extra set so that I could have three butterflies.  I also made a butterfly using Tim Holtz Sizzix Easter Elements die.  Before cutting out the chipbard, I affixed the gold hexagon side of Be Your Best paper  from the  6”  x 6” Designer Paper Pad.   (By the way, I  have not bought these before, but they are fabulous.  You get papers that have the same design as 12” x 12”, but the designs are much smaller and oh so cute.)  To enhance the butterfly, I cut a body out of three hexagons from the same chipboard.  I added twine to the its antennas.

I couldn’t resist using another Tim Holtz Sizzix Styled Label to make a place for my title.  I used Unique paper (making sure I got part of the design on the side).  I stamped it with a variety of Tim Holtz stamps.   For my title, I  used a Scrabble alphabet stamp set and Black Soot Distress Ink. 

It is so easy to make pages with lots of elements when you have this line of paper and accents.  


No comments: