Sunday, March 11, 2012

Egg Hunt

Can you believe it is almost that time of year again? Easter is right around the corner and these papers from My Mind's Eye are perfect for scrapping your memories.


The diagonal gingham and hounds-tooth pattern aren't your typical Easter prints. And the colors are more rich than the usual pastel palette. That's why I love this line so much! My kids are getting older and I just don't like pink and purple pastel for scrapping Easter pics of my son.


This little bunny embellishment was super easy to make. The bunny is die cut from chipboard using the Tim Holts die Bunnies, Butterflies & Eggs. I inked it with embossing ink then covered it with Tim Holtz Distress embossing powder~ brushed corduroy. Then I used a small paint brush to remove the embossing powder from the center of the ear and on the tail. Then I added worn lipstick embossing powder before using the heat tool to set the embossing powder over the whole bunny. In minutes I had this cute little embellishment. I drew a basket on a scrap of white cardstock to make the pattern for the basket. Then I traced it on to the patterned paper and cut it out. I added a few buttons to the basket as colored eggs and I was done.

1 comment:

Kendi said...

Spectacular article, it has almost everything I needed to find. Thank you for putting the effort and time to write it. Please continue posting. Next time even more exciting stuff.

kendi of website design philippines