Thursday, March 8, 2012

A FUN Easter Egg to Display!

I’ve had this plain paper mache egg sitting in my craft room for quite some time and finally had the perfect paper to create an altered item with! The first thing I did was cut out a hole in the front so I could make a Easter scene inside the egg. I then used Ranger’s Glue and Seal, which can be found at Scrapbooks-Plus, to adhere strips of varied widths (approx. 1”) around the egg. I did overlap each strip. Once I had my strips in place and was happy with the way they looked I put a generous coat of Ranger’s Glue and Seal over the top to seal the papers from wear and tear! For the inside of the egg I painted it with acrylic paint and then sprinkled clear glitter on top of that while it was still wet. Put a piece of chipboard down for your foundation and add some cute Easter figurines to create the perfect Easter scene! I finished off my egg with some ribbon and a bow on top held in place by a decorative pin!



















No comments: