Sunday, October 2, 2011

Scary costumes

I love Halloween.  When I got this month's DT papers I was so excited to see the great papers from Fancy Pants.  The papers were so easy to work with. 
When I went through my pictures I came across this photo of one of the twins dressed as a zombie football player.  Gone are the days of the cute ninja costumes, firefighters,etc.  My kids want to be scary.  So I decided to do a layout that fit the photo~with the element of "scary".  I made the paper look distress by swiping the whole sheet with some tea dye distress ink.  Then I splashed it with water to age it some more.  I took some red and black acrylic ink and mixed it to look like blood- I splattered and did some dripping and it came out great! I also used the ink mixture to cove the Paintable pages paper.  I love the way it looks and it fit so well with the scary zombie photo!  Stop by Scrapbooks Plus and check out the awesome DT wall!

Enjoy
Lisa

1 comment:

Karen Bearse said...

Great layout-love the drippage!