Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Altered frame bland to wow!

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to use scrapbook paper to transform plain objects and make them extra special?  I found this frame at Target on the clearance rack.  A nice frame, but definitely won't win any
design contests and isn't 'giftable' as is. 

I measured the 4 sides and cut my scrapbook paper with my paper trimmer.  I cut angles on the corners to miter my corners but you could easily keep the edges straight.  Then I added a plaque I cut on my Cricut and used my Oct. 31 letter stickers to spell out 'Family'. 

I had some ivory colored rose ribbon on hand and used a spray ink to color my flowers.  After some drying time, I adhered them and some matching tulle to my frame. Above is the before and after-- I love the fact that I can easily change colors on ribbon to match my project!


I wanted to make my frame extra special as a gift but once I finished it, I decided that it was perfect for the photo of our family at Mickey's Halloween Party in Disney World last year.  I guess I'll be headed back to Target to see if they have any frames left to make another for my gift!!

1 comment:

Karen Bearse said...

Great idea-looks beautiful!