Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween: Spiders, Ravens & Costumes

Using the Chillingsworth Manor line, a piece of Authentique Spooked and some black cardstock,  I created a fun one-page layout to include a fun picture Hall`oween picture with one pregnant women and two pretenders.  For the background, I put an 11” square piece of Chillingsworth Manor Spider Web Polka Dots on a piece of Authentique spooked. 

I framed my main photo in a circle of black cardstock and a slightly larger circle of Orange Floral Damask.  I made a photo frame from black cardstock, but cutting a circle out of the center, rounding the corners and adding a little scallop strip on the top.  I added a Orange Floral Damask circle between the photo frame and the bottom strip.

A strip of black cardstock is added on the bottom.  A 3 ½” x 11” strip of Damask Stripe affixing just on three sides with WonderTape to form a pocket for a journaling tag.

For the two spiders on paper, I traced over the legs on the paper with an embossing pen.  I then embossed them with Zing Black Embossing Powder.  After the legs cooled, I made the spiders body with two rhinestone-type embellishments of two different sizes.  I made a 3rd on a scallop circle except I drew the legs rather than tracing and I glued a piece of black memory thread before affixing the body.  After gluing the circle I attached the other end of the memory thread to the top of the photo mat.  I added a “Best Costume” sticker and a little ribbon over the top. 

For the journaling tag and the decorative label, I cut out labels from the Apothecary label section and added ribbon.   

I added a  few little strips of different paper and varying sizes on the side.

The year was added on a little lable cut with a Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Styled Label die cut and accented with stickers from the Alpha Stickers sheet.  The stickers on here are great and you can use them for a variety of projects.

The title was made with Tim Holtz Alpha Parts Newsprint letters.
I hope this gives you some ideas of the wonderful things you can do with these great papers!

No comments: