Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Halloween Layout with Lots of Pictures

If you’re at all like me, when the kids are dressed up you take a bunch of pictures, but then what do you do with all the pictures?  As I was trying to select two to three pictures for a layout from the dozens of pictures of my nephew dressed up as a gangster, I enjoyed the pictures which showed him “acting the part.”  It occurred to me that it would be fun to do a timeline.  So I picked out the one that I thought showed him and his costume the best and printed a 6” x 4.”  Then I printed a series of small ones (2 ½” x 2”) that seemed to tell a story.

To add even more focus on the large picture, I framed it with the Chillingsworth Orange/Tan paper and then black cardstock.  Keeping with the gangster theme, I framed the small pictures, which I had printed with a white border, with the black cardstock.  Using the Chillingsworth Paper Pumpkin for the background, I added a strip ompletely across both pages for  the small photos with a piece of  Chillingsworth Dictionary paper  that was the same height as the pictures.   (I inked this and other paper with Black Soot Distress Ink.)   Although, I was mostly sticking with the black and white theme, I added a little color by cutting out the tags from Apothecary Labels paper  After placing them across the bottom of the strip, I added small strip from the Green/Grey paper across the bottom and the grey strip from the Apothecary Paper with a spooky message across top.  I used a loopy black ribbon from ScrapbooksPlus across the green strip that addes some texture and downplayed the green.   I added the large picture and the one small one that looked  like a mug shot.  The final touch was adding the title.  I used Tim Holtz Idea-ology Alpha Parts Newsprints letters and I just put them across the top of the pictures, going up and down as the pictures did.

I was really happy with the results.  It would work great with any of those pictures where you have a lot of pictures that are similar – i.e. all horizontal or vertical, same subject, approximately same size image. Then you just adjust the background and colors you’re use to fit the theme or colors of your pictures.  If you have more than one child, you could do a  page for each, making them the same but using different colors.  If you have a girl dressed in frilly things, you might want to add some glitter, rhinestones or other glam.

Here’s an idea!  I bet you know what your child/grandchild is being for Halloween this year already so head over to Scrapbooks Plus and get the supplies you’ll need.  You can make the page and the day after Halloween you can have the pictures scrapped! 

No comments: