Monday, October 12, 2009

My Fall Journal by Esther

When you have scraps left from creating pages, try making a journal. I used a 6”x11” piece of chipboard for the back. It was covered with the patterns from the Jillibean Soup Staples Collection in the DT October kit. The corners of the back piece were shaped with the Chomper after the glue dried. Each of the other cardstock pages was cut 6” in width with the patterns staggered in length. The green plaid pattern was 9”; orange plaid was about 7”; and the others shorter.


The cover is a transparent sheet that was rubber stamped with Stazon in leaf designs. Leaf shapes were punched and glued to the layers. Two holes (made with the Crop-a-dile) in the top are used to thread a 12” length of ribbon to hold the journal together. This gave me the chance to use the memo sheets to record my memories about reading books and sharing with family and friends. The “Autumn Memories” is a Karen Foster sticker. Now, if I can only find the time to journal the season’s activities, I will have a keepsake. This could be an idea for a journal for each season, too.

I could not get the photos into this blog; please view the Scrapbooks Plus Design Team Wall on the website for the pictures of the journal. WWW.Scrapbooks-plus.com

No comments: