Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lovin the Bird!


I really really loved the chipboard bird this month. I wanted to do something fun with it, so I decided to make a minibook about music (birds - songs - right?).

I had a hard time picking paper for this - so I decided to use all of it! I grabbed my square punch and went to town, fitting as many patterns on my cover as I could. There are two ways to do this: (1) you can adhere them directly to the bird then once the glue is dry cut off the extra with a sharp craft knife. Or, (2) you can adhere the squares to a scrap piece of paper, trace the bird outline onto your squares, cut out, then adhere.

For the interior pages, I printed out my photos onto glossy paper then traced the outline of the bird shape right onto my photos. I covered the back of each photo with patterned paper.

And you'll notice that I used that square collage on several pages - including one of my photos. If you have iTunes you can copy the album cover artwork with a simple click. I did that about eight times and arranged them in Photoshop Elements before printing it out on the sheet.

No comments: