Friday, November 23, 2012

Using Simple Stories to Create Great Layouts

 This two-page layout is a great example of how the design of the Simple Stories line makes it easy for you to design attractive layouts that tell your unique story.  When I first saw Harvest Lanes line, I thought but I don’t have Thanksgiving/fall pictures.   But then I realized that many of the designs and sayings worked for a day I spent picking grapes in France – it was a harvest and I did it in September so that made it  a fall harvest.  

I liked the 4” x 6” journaling blocks that came with the set and decide to use that as the base for my layout design.  I used Homespun and Made with Love for the backgrounds (although you see little of either.)   I used the 4” x 12” “Harvest Memories” title strip for my title. I filled in alternative 4” x 6” spaces with blocks from the line, such as Autumn Days & Fall memoires so I ended up with five 4” x 6” blocks being those that came with the set with journaling added to two.  I added 3 ½” x 5” pictures to four of the blocks.  To add a little glitz, I used a KaiserCraft Window (with a picture of the vineyards glued to the back), some stickers from the Harvest Lane Collection Kit, and a few strips of paper.  I added one small vertical picture, which I trimmed with twine, and used the same twine to add a bow to the sticker wreath. 

With Simple Stories, you can simply take their designs and add your pictures.   I suggest you just pick up one of the Collection Kits they have at the store (either Harvest Lane or Handmade Holiday) .    When you get home you’ll easily be able to add your pictures.  How great is that just buy a package and you’ve got several layouts!

No comments: