Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Autumn Days

Every year we go to the same pumpkin patch/ family farm to pick out our pumpkins.  I just love all of the gourds and displays they have set up and I always take lots of great photos. 

This year rather than just focusing on picking a pumpkin I was really focused on family time.  Soon we will be a family of 5 and I feel so grateful and blessed that next year when it comes time to visit Burnside Farm to pick out our pumpkins we will be bringing our new little pumpkin with us.

The Harvest Lane collection by Simple Stories is perfect for telling my story.  The autumnal shades of burnt orange, cranberry, golden yellow and brown are such beautiful traditional fall colors.  I love the addition of the turquoise blue color and the natural wood grain elements too.

I love the papers from this line so much I had a difficult time chosing which I would use for my background so I decided to use several.  I added different widths of each of the papers across the layout to build my background.  Then I matted my photos on a thin burnt orange cardstock mats and added them to the layout.

For my journaling I used a journaling card I cut from one of the papers.  I layered that on top of the half sheet with a wood-grain border and floral embellishments in the upper left and lower right corners.  I added a few buttons as well as a sticker and a piece I cut from one of the transparencies.


For the title I used a tag and the alphas sheet that coordinates with this line.  There are several different alphas on this sheet.  I was able to add visual interest by using different lettering for the main title (Autumn Days) and the subtitle (a time to be grateful.)  I also added some stickers from the collection to the tag and to the layout to pull the whole thing together. 




No comments: