Monday, November 12, 2012

Holiday Scrappin' Folders

Harvest Lane Scrappin' Folder

 Using Simple Stories papers is always so easy because the variety of coordinated colors and messages allows you to put together pages in the perfect to tell your story.  Using the Harvest Lane line, I created a Scrappin’ Folder to keep my Thanksgiving pictures, recipes and notes about those special Thanksgiving memories.  Scrappin’ Folders are a concept that I came up with to record special events without having to create a whole scrapbooks or lots of pages to showcase my photos and memories.  I create a folder that is appealing to look at, has space for a few pictures and a pocket for a CD so I can keep all of the pictures, lots of space for notes and other memorabilia.  The Harvest Lane line was great for this.  In fact, I liked my Thanksgiving one so much that I created a Christmas one using the Handmade Holiday line.  It is festive with two files for lots of notes and extra pictures, etc.  One of my favorite parts of these Scrappin’ Folders is that I made little matchbooks for notes and little pictures and attached them with magnets so I can remove to look inside but they always go back in the same place.

Handmade Holiday Scrappin' Folder


Rather than putting the pictures and memorabilia someplace intending to scrap them later and then usually not being able to find everything when I have time to scrap, now I put everything from an event  in a Scrappin’ Folder.  In a few hours, I have an attractive showcase that I can easily pull it out and enjoy it time and again and all my memoires from the event filed in one place.  And if I have time, I have everything in one place to make the scrapbook pages of the event

To share this concept with you, I’m teaching a class at Scrapbooks Plus on November 24th.  In one afternoon, you’ll make a  Scrappin’ Folder for either your Thanksgiving or Christmas memories.    In this class, you’ll learn how to make such a folder with just a few supplies.  You’ll use lots of tools and techniques, including the Tim Holtz Vagabond and dies,  Martha Stewart Scoring Board, inks, punches, magnets. 

And you’ll leave with either a Thanksgiving or Christmas Scrappin’ Folder.  With your class fee, you’ll get a  full Collection Kit (either Autumn Lane or Handmade Holidays),  extra paper and instructions.  A sample of each is on display at the store so let us know which one you want when you sign up.  You’ll just need to bring basic tools, a paint brush and a variety of adhesives.

Sign up at the store or by calling 703.263.9503. 

See you on the 24th!

Matchbooks Held in Place with Magnets


No comments: