Friday, November 30, 2012

Simple Stories Designs

This one-page layout is an example of how easy it is to create customized layouts using Simple Stories.  Their pages, stickers, photo mats, and journaling cards offer great designs that can be put together to create layouts that match the pictures you have. 

I didn't have Thanksgiving or Fall pictures for the Harvest Lane, but I had a great photo for another message in this line -- home and family.  The designs are great and with just a litte extra effort you can make them extra special.

for this layout, I just matched up some of the Harvest Lane papers with a 6” x 8” photo mat, some stickers and some designs I cut out from the journaling cards.   As an example as how I use their designs, I cut the corners of my picture to match the design of the photo mat. 

Since several of the items I wanted to use had stitch marks around the outside so I stitched these lines to add a little punch.  To do this, I used a large needle and the Sew Easy mat and I simply went around the item making holes.  Once I had the holes it was a snap to stitch.   The photo mat didn’t have stitch lines but I added them so that it matched the embellishment a little better.  I made a journaling tag in the same way.  This is an approach I often use with Simple Stories.  I start with their design and add some embellishments to give  the page a little flair. 

No comments: