Saturday, June 30, 2012

Thanks A Bunch Card


Although we all love receiving cards,  we just don’t send them often enough.  Wen I first saw, the Mason (or if you prefer Ball) Jar stamp with the message “thanks a bunch” I knew I wanted to make a thank you card with a bunch of flowers.  The BoBunny Alora line of paper made this easy.  


I used the Alora Stitches paper to make the card base.  (This meant the inside is polka dots of various colors with a cute flourish in the corner if you cut it out just so.)  I cut a rectangle slightly smaller than the rectamge; from the red side of Alora Wish.  I cut a square of four flowers from Alora Cut Outs.  



I stamped the Mason jar with VersaMark and embossed with Stampendous shabby green embossing powder.  (This embossing powder is great as it has different types of flakes so you get a much more interesting texture than with solid embossing powder.  It comes in several colors so check it out at Scrapbooks Plus.)  To add a little more, I used an Inkssentials Embossing pen and the same embossing powder to make the centers of the flowers match the jar.  (To use the pen, you simply highlight the area you want embossed and then emboss as usual.  You can emboss writing or use to outline as I did.)   I stamped the message in the jar with black ink.  I tied a ribbon around the top of the card.

 On the inside I affixed a rectangle of Alora Dimples to make it easier to include a message and added a couple of flowers from the Alora Combo Stickers.

No comments: