Saturday, June 9, 2012

                                       Box Fun


I used the new Graphic 45 Kraftboard Altered Art Box (5” x5”) which includes an accordion-fold Kraft Album inside the box; love these!  I painted the edges of the entire box, inside and out along with the edges of the accordion album with lime green paint.  The papers within this line have so many colors you have multiple choices of paint colors to choose from.  Once the paint dried I simply cut papers to fit the box from the 6” x 6” BOBUNNY Alora paper pack.  I laid a piece of paper over the inside back of the front cover and penciled around the inside front square opening.  I then cut this out with scissors; you can also cut with a 12 inch paper cutter if you want to be more précised. 
You will need to cut two pieces of paper this way, one for the front cover and the other for the inside front cover.  I cut smaller side pieces for both the inside and outside of the box.  I like the paint showing so I cut about ¼” short so you will see the paint.  If you like you can actually cut all the papers to cover the box and not paint the box.  I also brushed some of the lime green paint over the papers covering the box.  After the box is covered inside and out with coordinating papers I then covered the accordion album with the BOBUNNY coordinating green cardstock.  I used the stickers from the COMBO Sticker sheet, punch out dies from the coordinating dies, brads, and BOBUNNY jewels.  You are now ready to put the finishing touches on the outside of your box; you’ve got lots of options to choose from with all the coordinating accessories that come with the BOBUNNY line. I used the COMBO stickers, BOBUNNY jewels, and the coordinating chipboard to finish off my project.  For the portion of the chipboard that sticks out over the box I painted the back of it to remove the stickiness and to have color on the back instead of white.  You can also brush a little baby powder on it to remove the stickiness but again then the back that is exposed will be white.  The possibilities are unless with these new Graphic 45 Kraftboard Altered Art Box sets; you can make albums in a box, use the box as a shrine to display, combine the book and shrine as one, etc.  Stop by the store and get yours today.  Don’t forget the fun BOBUNNY Alora paper line and coordinating supplies, a great start for a summer splash of color.


No comments: