Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hello Spring Layout

With Spring being my favorite times of year it is not surprising that the Hello Spring line caught my eye.  I especially loved the tree with the brightly colored leaves and flowers so I used Blossom Breeze as the background for my Spring page.  I cut a strip off the top and replaced it with a strip of each Poppy, Teal & Petal Pink Linen.  

Making a kite out of each of these colors was fun and added some action to the page. To make the kites,  I stamped a  kite (using Snag ‘Em Stamp Kite stamp available at ScrapbooksPlus) on the paper. (I did not ink the tail.)  I cut out the kites and glued them on the background.  Then I stamped a tail on each kite.  Because the stamp is clear, it was  easy to line up the stamp with the kite so the tail lines up perfectly. 

I also used the solid colors for a photo mat and to create some flowers with the Tim Holtz Sizzlets Tattered Flower Garland die.  To finish the page, I stamped “Spring” (using another Snag ‘Em Stamp), added a couple of journaling cards from the  The Hello Spring Paper Tear-Out Ticket & Journaling Card Book and used some Hello Spring Jewels to accent the page. 

You can get all the supplies you need to make this page (including the stamps) at ScrapbooksPlus along with the instructions.

No comments: