Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jack-O-Lantern


Here is a fun layout I made using the Little Yellow Bicycle~ Hello Fall collection.
I really enjoyed coming up with cute embellishments for this layout.

To make this Jack-O-Lantern I used my Silhouette cutting machine. I cut the little guy out of the Burnt Orange Knit paper. I love the color on color texture in this paper... I also think Burnt Orange Knit is the perfect name for this paper. I loved these Corrugated Shapes so much and really, really, really wanted to use one on this layout. The only problem was that none of the shapes I had went with my layout. So I improvised. If you look closely at the stem on the pumpkin you will see that I cut it out of one of the Corrugated Shapes... I love the results:)



I love these little spiders that I stitched on my layout. It was so quick and easy to do with my In Stitch'z piercing mat and tool. I simply laid my layout on the mat and used the piercing tool to make holes where I wanted to stitch. I stitched along the pattern I had made and in under 2 minutes I had added a fun embellishment. The best part is... it only costs pennies. The embroidery thread is very inexpensive. Once you have the mat and tool you can add these super cute embellishments to your pages for practically nothing, just the cost of a little embroidery thread. If making your own pattern isn't your thing there are several fun patterns and borders you can try out first. Once you get the hang of it you'll be stitching your own patterns in no time.

Hope I've inspired you!!

No comments: