Saturday, July 19, 2008

Circles Galore!

We all had a great time playing with the Flourishes, Dots & Circles papers from the Crafter's Workshop. Hopefully you've had a chance to check out the new wall of creations. It's amazing to see how many different looks you can get out of the same line of papers!

My favorite paper in the line was Blueberry Pie... I just love all the circles in blue and purple and green. I used the fabulous blue sparkle paper with it (help me ladies, I can't remember who made it and I can't find a name on the tiny pieces I have left!). One of the reasons that it is fabulous is that it is coated on top... so none of the sparkle rubs off, shifts, or otherwise moves around, which can sometimes be the case, especially when adding sparkle to your own cardstock! :)

I cut a large circle of blue sparkle with my trusty Colluzzle and then cut my photo with the next smallest-sized circle. Then I used my Fiskars finger craft knife to cut out the center of a couple of the circles in the patterned paper. Adding the strip to some lavendar cardstock and framing it with a couple of strips of the sparkle, made for a fast layout. A little jouraling, a few circular embellishments, and a title of vinyl thickers finished it off. Easy-peasy!

On a side note, the little Fiskars finger craft knife is one of those "must have" tools. I find myself using it all the time... to touch up an uneven edge, cut the little fuzzies off of die cuts, and, of course, fussy cut patterns out of patterned paper. I never pulled out my full-size craft knife as it was too much trouble... but this little knife is a breeze to use!
.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I love this layout -- so very cute!