Saturday, February 9, 2013

Old Pictures + New Mind's Eye Paper = Family Memories

The newest My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Ruby line is perfect for old photos so I used it to create a two-page layout of black and white photos from 1955.  They feature me with every member of my family that existed in 1955 except my Dad, who I believe was in the Air Force in Morroco and my two uncles. 

I used the Paper Lace paper to provide my background.  To use the design of the paper that I loved , which was on the paper’s right and left edges, I simply used the edges of the paper and put a different paper for the center of the layout.  And just like that I had the same design as the initial paper, but as a two-page layout rather than a one-page one. 

 I added gray paper from the line, which is a solid color but textured to make a photo mat.  To add glitz and focus to the layout I added some embellishments.  I started with three of the layered stickers, which had glitter and the one that said “Happy Days are Here” seemed appropriate for pictures of people wearing party hats.  The layered doily wasn’t quite large enough so I added a red doily sticker underneath.  To add a little glitz to another layered sticker, I added red rhinestones.    I used the little pennants from the chipboard set across the bottom.  I added a few more up the right side.  Finally, I added a crown and mirror I created with a Spellbinder set that has stamps to match.  And to tie in, I added the red rhinestones I had used on the layered sticker to the crown.

This line has so many items you can use it for almost any type of layouts.   To see how you can personalize your layouts very easily with the many coordinating items offered in this line.   added lots of embellishments. 

No comments: