Saturday, January 12, 2013

Displaying Travel Photos with BoBunny Snowy Day

The BoBunny Snowy Day line was designed and great for winter photos of all types and lots of the items include snowflakes, mittens and winter messages, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t great for other photos.  I loved the rich colors and was eager to use the papers, but I didn’t have winter photos of any type.  I did have lots of travel photos.  I decided that the blues, browns and golds would be perfect for a day in Briare, France, a lovely city on the Loire River. 

BoBunny has a wonderful line of dots and solids that cooridinate well with specific lines.   I used  the Slate Dot and Plum Dot in this layout.  The solid side of the Plum Dots was perfect for my pictures.  For Trim on top and bottom, I used the Slate Dot and punched it.  The Snowy Day Stripes had colors that I loved and only a couple of stripes related to snow so I just used this paper as accents and didn’t use the “snow” lines.  Some of the tags were without snowy messages so I used these.  When taken out of the “snowy” situation, the snowflakes on brads and papers, look like designs or the sun. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
As with many of my travel layouts, I was challenged as I had lots of pictures I wanted to use and quite frankly I thought journaling would take away from the beauty of the layout.  My solution – hidden journaling.   The tab on the left with a brad is actually the pull for a long piece of paper that contains the story of this day.  Result:  The memories are preserved and the beauty of the pictures isn't  marred by text.  

As usual with BoBunny, this line has great chipboard, brads, buttons and jewels.  I couldn’t use them all in this layout, but I sure wanted to.  So if you ignored this month’s line because you didn’t think you had snow pictures, I encourage you to head to ScrapbooksPlus and check out these papers. 

No comments: