Saturday, March 5, 2011

Super Easy Wednesday Make & Take Flower

I had the pleasure of creating the Wednesday Make & Take this week.  It is a super cute and fun layout with flowers and banners!  So Spring-y!  The paper I used was from the Chloe collection from 3 Bugs in a Rug. I added a few fun embellishments with ribbon flowers and buttons. Scrapbooks Plus has some beautiful ruffled ribbon that makes flowers so easy!

I used a Tim Holtz Mini Attacher to make mine but you could use glue dots if you wanted to.  I have to say, I L-O-V-E my Mini Attacher!  It has the coolest little staples that are great for securing ribbon, vellum and other things that can be challenging to attach to your pages.

Here is the step by step:
Cut a 4-5" piece of the ruffled ribbon.  Form a circle with the ruffle on the outside, overlapping about 1/2".  Staple on the elastic part of the ribbon (not the ruffle part).


Then scrunch (yes, that's a technical term) the elastic together and add a few staples.   I stapled the one above with nothing behind it- when I created them for the layout, it was easier to staple directly to the layout (you could also staple to a small circle shape on the backside).  It is easiest to staple opposite sides together until it is the shape you want.  I then topped it with a button to cover the staples as shown in the layout.
And there you have it- simple and so cute!  Pick up your ruffle ribbon by the yard in a variety of colors at Scrapbooks Plus today!

Laura

1 comment:

Megan said...

Cute flower. I'm going to use this technique for sure