Saturday, November 28, 2009

Stenciling with Glimmer Mist by Esther


A new way to stencil is to use Glimmer Screens that are found at Scrapbooks Plus. The package used here is the Fanciful Stencils with a Victorian inspiration. There are nine design stencils included in the box. The large butterfly and scrolls caught my attention.


Spray bottles by Tattered Angels hold a shimmering acid free color that glistens on paper. The picture does not do the product justice. You need to shake the bottle first to get the sparkles to mix before spraying. The stencil above was on blue cardstock. I used Passion Red Glimmer Mist for the scroll. Inside the circle, I used handwriting to add my name.


The screens are in various design groups. The range of spray inks is wide and they can be mixed and oversprayed for many effects. Just be sure to wash the stencils as soon as you finish spraying on them.


If that weren't enough to get me excited, I spotted the clear stamps. There was the butterfly in a thin clear stamp. It can be used with a contrasting color to stamp the image. What a delightful way to stencil. I am having fun creating my own backgrounds on 12" square cardstock.

No comments: