Saturday, May 2, 2009

New Cuttlebug Embossing Folders...and More!

For the Coredinations Make & Take I used cuttlebug embossing folders to create raised images - I was thrilled - doing the happy dance - soooo excited - to see that Debbie had gotten a brand new selection to choose from! I came home with (4) new ones that I had only seen available online. I did not take them all home because Debbie promised me she would order more, and I wanted to leave some for everyone else to play with...but supplies are limited and they were flying off the shelves (okay, off the hooks, but you get the idea)!
(click on the pic to see some of the selections!)


Nicole chose to use a piece of Coredinations from the Chocolate Box line - brown on the front, pink on the reverse with a pink core. After embossing, she used the Lasting Impressions Paper Scratchers to bring out the pink of her raised image.

Angela and Taryn get a lesson in Cuttlebug operation from mini-me (my daughter MC)!


Lisa's Make & Take was up next and she demo'd Ranger Inks, including the new Alcohol Inks Fillable Ink Pen from Tim Holtz. Very cool!
Deborah Mahnken's Make & Take began at 1:30pm. She had designed a beautiful tag that started with Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels and a butterfly mask.











There was also a chance to play with some textured chipboard and the Glimmer Mist - all I can say is don't be afraid to "get rough" with that stuff - a little sandpaper after the GlimmerMist dried highlighted all the beautiful details.

Even Debbie took time out to play with this demo!














Leah had a couple of things going on - a mini-book and a really cute card with a cupcake theme - rumor has it she is your "go-to" gal when it comes to cupcake stamps.






Here are a few more shots from this afternoon...
Oh! I almost forgot!

Amy is awaiting the arrival of her new Cricut, but she couldn't wait to get started on invitations for a baby shower so...she used the Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge and the Cricut Expression from the store and look at what she came up with!
This is actually version 1 - version 2 is even better!
If you are interested in using the Cricut machine and cartridges at the store, just ask at the front counter for details, and they will set you up.
And Amy, I really do want to see the final version!

5 comments:

SharonVM said...

Sounds like you gals had a great time today. Too bad I was not able to join in with the fun! I really missed some very cool make and takes - and lots of creativity!
Next time!!

matushka said...

Great update, Susie!

Love the pics... and glad none of me made it in there! :D I picked up one of the Cuttlebug folders too... they are so much fun to play with and they look great on plain cardstock and transparencies too. A very versatile tool!

Misty Rose said...

LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TIME...SORRY I COULD BE WITH YOU...THAT IS THE BAD THING ABOUT HAVING A BABY WITH THE SAME BIRTHDAY AS NSD IT ALWAYS GETS IN THE WAY...

Debbie said...

Thanks for all who participated in Saturday's events. It was alot of fun and I learned some great new techniques.

Esther said...

It was a fun day!