Monday, December 13, 2010

Sparkles and Stars

Although I'm a big fan of red and green, the soft blue papers in the Fancy Pants "Tradition" line really called to me. Out of all my layouts, only one didn't use the blue papers. For this layout I used two sheets of the reverse of Strips which made me think of a winter snowstorm. I cut a strip from the reverse of Cards and used an edge punch to give it a bracket-shaped edging. I cut one of the little tags from the front of Cards and used it as my journaling box.

I accented the layout with Holiday Dazzlers in star shapes from Petaloo and lots of bling. I used a couple of templates - one from Bazzil and one from Imaginisce - to make the flourishes. I didn't have enough of any one brand of bling... so I used some of the new heat-set jewels from Imaginisce as well as some self-adhesive bling from Kaisercraft and Bazzil. They are not exact matches... but they are close enough! The title is from Dear Lizzy... LOVE those letters - and there are lots of them in the package. :)

As a final touch on the layout, I used a Jen Starr technique and swiped Tim Holtz crackle paint in Picket Fence all around the edges. I painted it on after gluing the papers in place. I made sure not to run any adhesive close to the edges, then I took a scrap of paper and slid it under the edge of the paper I was painting. Between the large paint brush built into the lid and the extra paint on the scrap paper, I ended up getting some paint under the edges. As it dried, it curled the edges up a bit and I really like the effect.

thanks for stopping by!
erin

No comments: