Monday, February 22, 2010

Completely Distressed... and lovin' it

I was so inspired by Jen Starr's Completely Distressed class at the store last weekend. I learned so much about distress inks and other ranger products. I had no idea how versatile these inks really are. Jen was a great instructor, showing us how to use the inks to create different effects. For example, this little birdy was simple to create using a stamp and distress inks. I just inked the bird's body with the color ~worn lipstick~ and inked the feet with ~brushed corduroy~ them simply sprayed it with water and stamped. It was that simple to get this great water color effect.


On this page the green strip in the center is actually just a piece of water color paper that I crumpled up then inked with ~shabby shutters~ and sprayed with water. I used a paper towel to pull up any excess water then dried the paper with my heat gun. It was simple to make this embellishment and I love the element of texture it adds to the page.



We also worked with crackle medium, embossing powders, and masks learning so much more than just these 2 techniques. The class had a good pace with a high energy, creative atmosphere that kept me buzzing with ideas for days. I can't wait until Jen comes back to the store. I will be the first to sign up for her class! Until then I'll just have to keep myself busy with my new stash:)

No comments: