Friday, January 22, 2010

Using Patterns


I like patterns a lot - and I just love patterned paper. You can still use lots of patterned paper on your layout and not have it look busy.

Haven't tried this before? Why not? The trick to combining patterns is to mix then up and use only one (or two) really bold patterns.

For example, I started with the Tyler paper and used it as my background instead of cardstock. I chose this one because it doesn't compete with my accent paper or my photos. If you squint your eyes a bit and look at it it you mainly see the blue - it disappears into the background but still provides more interest than just a solid colored cardstock. So when you look at the layout you don't focus so much on the background, but on the stripes, the photos & the title. Perfect!

No comments: